Welcome to Mr. Thomsak's Teacher Page
I was born in Laos. My family moved to the state of Maine when I was 12. I grew up in Portland, Maine. I attended Bates College where I played tennis all 4 years. I joined Teach for America where I began teaching in Los Angeles. I was placed in Oakland in the fall of 1992 where I taught for 7 years. Then I came to Grant Elementary in 1999. I live in Oakland with my wife and 2 children. We have a cat, a ball python, and a gecko. I love gardening, playing golf, writing, and reading.
The Dalai Lama inspires me. He is all about compassion, love, and kindness. The Book of Joy is one of my favorite books.
Bates College… BA in Sociology Degree
John F. Kennedy University….Teaching Credential Program
District Tools I Use: Google Classroom
I take attendance using Aeries. You can stay on top of attendance through the Aeries Family Portal or Aeries App
I use Aeries to generate report cards. Families can view report cards through the Aeries Family Portal.
This sight is great! It has short, sample videos of what first grade work should look like and sound like in reading, writing, and math. It's really worthwhile to check it out!
I really miss all of you and I know that this is very difficult time of transition. If we don't feel like we are quite ourselves, it's o.k... because we all feel very much the same way too.
Try to follow this schedule:
2. Draw a picture from the book or (any picture you like) 20 min.
4. Write anything / draw a picture to go with it if you like
5. Music : Find some songs you can sing to or follow Ms. Smith's idea or lesson
6. Math... Do anything with numbers, write, do problems, count, organize and count...etc...
8. Play some sort of game
9. Walk together with your family. Just get out of the house a little.
10 Gardening? dig, plant, notice leaves...
11. Help around the house with chores: clean up the room, organize shoes, papers, put things away...
12. Relax, breathe....