Welcome to Grant Elementary School 2020- 2021
Greetings Grant School Families,
We would like to personally thank you for your patience and support as we continue to prepare for the 2020-21 distance learning program. Although many of us would prefer to see students in-person, we know that the most important thing is to keep our community safe. At this time, it’s not safe for us to return to our classrooms. Rest assured, we have learned a lot since the end of last school year and fully expect to improve the distance learning experience for our students this year. We are looking forward to serving our students as we begin this new school year on: Thursday, August 20, 2020.
By this time...your child’s teacher should have been in contact with you with information about the first day! If you haven’t heard from your child’s teacher yet...please reach out to the school office at 510-317-3711
This letter will provide you with important information that we hope will help you and your student prepare for a successful experience as we all work together to navigate the challenges impacting us all.
Data Confirmation Process
Parents/Guardians of all returning students are required to complete the Data Confirmation process in the Aeries Parent Portal. All parents and guardians are required to have a current email address in the system. Click here to access the Aeries Parent Portal: https://slzusd.aeries.net/student/LoginParent.aspx
The Aeries Parent Portal is also available as an app for both Android and Apple devices.
To confirm your email or for Aeries Parent Portal issues and assistance please contact our Grant School Office Manager, Virginia Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom Assignments and Student Supplies
Parents/Guardians will be able to access the name of their child’s assigned teacher on Wednesday, August 19th through the Aeries Parent Portal. Teachers will be reaching out with first day information on Tuesday, August 18th. TK and K distribution of materials will begin on Tuesday, August 18 and we are currently planning distribution of basic supply kits and curriculum to 1st-5th graders at a later date. More details will be sent out soon. Stay tuned!
First Days of School
- Thursday, August 20 and Friday, August 21:
- 8:30-8:50 a.m. Class meeting with teacher (synchronous)
- For the rest of the instructional minutes, students will participate in independent (asynchronous) activities which will be sent out by your child’s teacher.
- The learning schedule for the remainder of the school year will be shared as soon as they are available.
My Grant School Back-to-School Checklist
- Login to your Google Account - Go to www.gmail.com and have your student login with their entire district email address (including the @student.slzusd.org part). TK-2 accounts have been reset. The default password is password. When prompted, create a new password and write it down!
- Review information about Logging Into Zoom - Check out the slide show that tells students how to login Zoom How Students Join a Zoom SlzUSD Meeting and review it with your child.
- Set Your Student’s Workspace - To successfully participate in distance learning, your student(s) will need the following:
- Dedicated space to participate in a virtual learning environment.
- Google Chromebook, Laptop, or Desktop Computer
- For families with multiple students, each one will need their own computer device.
- Wifi or Mobile Hotspot (if you need a hotspot, please be sure to fill out the district technology survey to let us know).
- If you need a device or hotspot and have not yet filled out the survey, please do so immediately. https://bit.ly/StudentTechnologyNeedSurveyAgreement
- We will have more devices available VERY soon for those who are in need.
- All families can email email@example.com for technology help.
- Establish a Daily Routine - Attendance is now required and grades will be given during the 2020-21 school year. It is important to establish a schedule with your student to ensure they are able to attend their class on time and be ready to participate.
- Get Excited! - Although this isn’t a typical start to the year, we are looking forward to seeing your kids on Thursday. We are ready to start the 2020-21 school year and are going to make this the best year it can be for all of us! The more positive we can be with our students, the more excited they will be to start school.
Child Nutrition Services - Grab and Go Meal Distributions - Arroyo High School is our closest location!
Child Nutrition Services will distribute breakfast and lunch meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This Grab-and-Go distribution will provide two days’ worth of meals on Tuesdays and 3-days-worth of meals on Thursdays. These meals may consist of a variety of hot and frozen items.
A student ID number must be provided to the cashier to receive meals on the day of service. Meals will be served based on free, reduced or paid eligibility status, effective 8/20/2020. Meal Applications: Meal applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now online at: https://slzcafes.com/index.php?sid=1703091803277201&page=lunchapps
Meal Distribution Hours:
- Elementary: 12pm - 1:00pm-
Note: Meal distribution times may be adjusted once participation trends are evaluated; updates will be provided as needed. Meal Distribution Locations: Bay, Corvallis, Hesperian, Lorenzo Manor, Bohannon, Arroyo High and San Lorenzo H.S
Stay Up To Date
Stay connected and current by visiting our schools website: https://gra.slzusd.org/
WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU!